Update: Be one of the first to experience KonnekApp - register for our launch party here.
As internet users continue to shift almost all of their browsing time to mobile devices, one media format is claiming the majority of what we’re consuming, and that is video.
From Netflix to LinkedIn Learning, YouTube ‘How to’ videos to social media live streams, a staggering 80% of all consumer internet traffic in 2019 was video. Drops in data plan and device costs, together with widespread WIFI availability, means what was once considered a luxury – freely streaming endless video on a mobile device, is now the norm.
Any business that isn’t considering video as a way to reach its audience and generate leads in 2020, risks poor returns on its digital communications and marketing investment. However, adding video content to your marketing mix is an effective way to ensure your messages get heard – or seen in this case.
Why is video an effective marketing channel?
Viewers retain over 95% of what they watch in a video clip, compared to just 10% if the message is in text format. That’s according to Insivia, but also consider the following:
- YouTube, a video platform, has grown to become the world’s second largest search engine after Google.
- Tik Tok, the fastest growing social network of the last two years, only lets you post videos.
- Instagram has a variety of video uploading formats such as Instagram Live, Instagram TV (IGTV) and the recently released Tik Tok clone, Reels.
- Twitter regularly hosts live simulcasts of major global events, and the business news channel Bloomberg, even has a dedicated 24-hour news channel on the platform.
- Twitch, the Amazon owned video streaming service that originally focussed on the gaming community, is attracting other non-gaming celebrities to the platform, as it reportedly branches out into more generalist entertainment video content.
- Broadcast news channels such as the BBC and Sky News have increased the ratio of video on their websites exponentially in the last decade, prominently featuring Most Watched clips and highlights on their homepage.
It’s clear then, that the bandwidth bottlenecks of the 90s and 00s are a thing of the past, and the delivery of online video is only going to improve, as more and more users – and potential consumers, select video as their preferred media choice.
Email marketing, once regarded as an effective digital marketing channel, has seen open and clickthrough rates collapse, as well as legislation such as GDPR significantly affecting brands ability to communicate to the customers on their database.
The Covid-19 pandemic also means that events and exhibitions, two of the most popular B2B marketing channels, has also evaporated, elevating digital marketing to a top priority for many companies that offer business services.
Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other video conferencing applications has combined with smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices in accelerating this explosion in video consumption. This means content producers are able to reach and grow their target audience easily, and business can continue via video, as digital assets and knowledge can be swiftly shared on these platforms.
This presents a great opportunity for brands aiming to use video as a channel to engage with prospects, deliver content to customers, making it accessible from anywhere.
To find out how you can take advantage of video as a marketing channel, join our KonnekApp launch party, by registering here.
KonnekApp allows you to upload videos via an intuitive desktop client, create, store and share playlists, add and manage users with bespoke permissions, and can be fully customised with your brand colours, logos and identity. All on a secure platform with full analytics capabilities, such as user engagement data and viewer statistics.
KonnekApp is a secure, next-generation solution for businesses looking to generate leads from video, by hosting, managing and distributing content to users on a branded platform.
KonnekApp is developed by REAS group, a bunch of thinkers, artists and architects bringing your ideas to life.